Can vitamin C help a cold?
There’s an old saying that there’s no cure for the common cold or flu. While that may be partially true, there are ways to reduce the time spent suffering from a headache, fever, runny nose, congestion, coughing and sneezing, and feeling downright miserable. Indeed, when taken daily, research says vitamin C shortens cold duration with an immediate immune boost of 8% in adults and 14% in children.
At IV Vitamin Therapy we stand on the plateau of modern vitamin research and have perfected the IV vitamin infusions to help you continue to function while reducing time spent under the weather.
What does vitamin C do in the body?
Vitamin C, technically known as ascorbic acid, is a nutrient your body needs to replenish blood vessels, cartilage, muscle, and collagen in bones. Vitamin C is also vital to your body’s immune system and healing processes.
An antioxidant, vitamin C helps protect cells against the effects of free radicals. Free radicals may play a role in heart disease, cancer, and other diseases. Increased vitamin C also helps your body absorb and store iron.
How much vitamin C do I need?
The body does not produce vitamin C, so it must be taken in through foods or other supplements. Vitamin C is found in:
- citrus fruits
- brussels sprouts
The recommended daily amount of vitamin C is 90 milligrams for adult men and 75 milligrams for adult women. For our megadose IV infusion, we administer 10-50 grams of vitamin C – way more than you could get from oral intake.
Most people get enough vitamin C from a healthy diet. Vitamin C deficiency is more likely in people who:
- Use tobacco products
- Suffer from gastrointestinal conditions or certain types of cancer
- Have a diet with a limited intake of fruits and vegetables
Should you take vitamin C when sick?
When a person receives a high dose of vitamin C, they receive amounts of vitamin C that would be almost impossible to consume from food or vitamin supplements. If you have never had an IV vitamin therapy session, you will be pleased with how comfortable the hour-long process is.
After a slight pinprick of a needle into the injection site, the IV drip is turned on and the nutrients enter the bloodstream directly, which allows them to remain more potent and travel throughout the body without passing through the digestive system.
This is a benefit because nutrients that travel through the digestive system are generally less effective than IV vitamin injections. After all, the digestive enzymes and processes of the stomach and the liver dilute the effectiveness and potency of the nutrients delivered.
Patients are awake for the entire 20 to 60-minute session and frequently elect to use the time to catch up on work via laptop or cell phone, or to relax with something to read.
We are an experienced and professional upscale boutique medical provider offering IV vitamin therapy and IV hydration sessions in our modern medical office. Plus, after an initial medical consultation with a physician, you can request our convenient concierge house call service to receive vitamin IV treatment in the comfort and privacy of your home or office.
Best cold-fighting vitamins
At IV Vitamin Therapy we provide clients with a full spectrum of essential nutrient add-ons to make our patients’ time spent will illness short-lived. When vitamins, electrolytes, hydration, and amino acids are delivered straight into your bloodstream there is an immediate and noticeable positive impact. Depending on your needs, your IV drip may contain:
- Fluids (hydration IV) are used to boost electrolytes in the blood plasma. IV fluids rehydrate your body, and the increased hydration helps supply cells with oxygen and nutrients and carry waste out of the body.
- Vitamin D builds healthy bones and teeth. In addition, your brain and nervous system love it, as do the lungs and heart.
- Zinc stimulates cell growth and defends against infection from outside the body. Too little zinc in the body opens it up to disease.
- Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant and cooperates well with vitamin C. It helps extract toxins and heavy metals and is commonly used in anti-aging treatments because of its strong antioxidant qualities.
- B-complex vitamins (a combination of key B vitamins) are used to stimulate good health and well-being. Vitamin B12 especially has a direct impact on your energy levels, brain function, and cell metabolism.
- Magnesium regulates the body’s blood flow, cardiovascular system, muscle, and nerve function, and supports the overall immune system.
- Anti-nausea medication is included when your illness includes a stomach upset.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) reduce muscle pain and migraine headaches caused by illness.
- Amino acids such as taurine and L-carnitine improve blood flow and increase energy levels.
Why trust IV Vitamin Therapy to get you back on your feet?
IV Vitamin Therapy is located in an upscale boutique-style medical office. After consulting with a physician, you will be prescribed a single nutrient or a cocktail of nutrients depending on your health history and goals. Mobile IV therapy sessions typically take between 20 and 60 minutes, and patients are conscious for the entire procedure. After the initial painless pinprick of a needle at the site of injection, hydration therapy flows into the bloodstream.
Almost immediately after injection, even from jet lag, the nutrients injected into the body begin working. Many patients use this time to read or work remotely. Modernly designed and calm, our medical offices are the perfect environment for athletes to receive regular IV treatment.
IV cold and flu therapy near me
Busy? Let our medical professionals come to you. Many of our clients who prefer to receive injections in the privacy of a home or office can choose our popular concierge house call service to achieve wellness.
IV Vitamin Therapy is conveniently located in Beverly Hills and can come to your home or office throughout the Los Angeles area. We serve patients near Beverly Hills, Bel Air, West Hollywood, Santa Monica, West Los Angeles, Culver City, Hollywood, Venice, Marina del Rey, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Downtown Los Angeles, Encino, Woodland Hills, Sherman Oaks, Calabasas, Burbank, Glendale, Hidden Hills, Agoura Hills, Northridge, North Hollywood, Topanga, Canoga Park, Reseda, Valley Glen, Chatsworth, West Hills, Winnetka, Universal City, Silverlake, Echo Park, and many more.
Book now at 855-999-5577